Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Look Through the Rhetoric



In 1978, Jim Jones led more than 900 people to suicide. What a powerful voice. What would happen if we had a voice like his today reaching out to 900 million people?

This election cycle finds me seeking out ways to help conservatives and liberals alike. I will be more active in getting out the republican voter and talking to associates and family to make sure they at least have the information necessary to make an informed vote.

It's hard to believe that in the 80's I was a democrate all the way. Between then and now, a lot of change has taken place. Not only with the democratic party, but also with me. I can no longer be pro-choice when I look at pictures of babies that are two weeks old and see the image of a heartbeat. I didn't leave the democratic party, they left me. Today its membership is being driven by organizations like ACORN, CodePink, NOW, moveon.org. Those people don't represent me at all.

No comments: