Friday, August 22, 2008

Jenny Gale Creations Continued

Today I am taking a half day vacation so I can do two things; (1) practice web design (2) get ideas from others reading this as to what needs to be on the web site.

First things first. I am reviewing image creation today. Next week will be tables. Will have to also look at shopping cart technology. Security. Easy navigation guided by my well designed page.

I need some logo ideas to set up different scenario's for Jenny's review and approval.

Next, there must be some sort of packagng, shipping, insurance. Special sales to get people to spend more to cover shipping (maybe free).

Okay, as Brenna says, what else can we help with? Please!!!!! Pretty please!!!!!!!!!!

Something else to consider. Finding a piece of jewelry that can be promoted as a limited edition item (with higher price naturally).

If you think I am trying to generate more ideas, then you are on the right track.

3 comments:

mindmatters said...

Must learn to proof these things.

GreatGirl said...

I think we're all so excited that proofing at this point is futile...we're all looking at the message (that's my hope anyway...I reread some of my blogs and screamed out loud!) :-) On another note, I think I was rather egotistical to throw, "Jenny Gale" out there as a possible name. With all this group energy, we'll have to come up with something that refelcts the family power we've got going here! I'll try and call this weekend...My little guy has soccer photos in the morning (watch Mommy's World for pics) and we have a Y event Sunday, but the rest of the weekend is open, besides creating as many pieces as possible of course in my 'down time'.

B. said...

Proofing be damned! :)

Logos take forever to create, Jen, so we're not rushing! Ya gotta think, do a ton of research, then design a million different versions, then choose one, then change your mind...etc.

Here are my friend Carrie's two jewelry sites. The first one, wired jewelry, is NOT a good example of a great website, but it does have a good example of a nice logo and jewelry photography. (The first site is an old one that Carrie has abandoned. It's from the time when she sold direct to consumers.) The second site is Carrie's site just for vendors. It's a much better website--clean, less text, very nice images. There isn't really a logo; just a tagline.

Anyway...those are two examples from a friend of mine who started her own jewelry business several years ago from home. She does this full time now and sells only to vendors.

http://www.wiredjewelry.com/
http://www.ottersondesigns.com/index.html

Jen, you ought to find direct sales jewelry sites you like and post them. I'll do the same!